Cook time 4 hours
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Add chicken, chopped red peppers, and pineapple to a greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sauce ingredients except for the 4 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch. Pour sauce into the slow cooker and give everything a stir. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, take the lid off of the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining cold water and corn starch. Set the slow cooker on high (if it isn't already) and pour the corn starch slurry into the pot, stir, then cover and cook another 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Stir just before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice or fried rice if desired. (Click HERE for my favorite easy homemade fried rice recipe)
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and red pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken thighs into a slow cooker. Add honey mixture and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker and shred the chicken before returning to the pot with the juices. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
It’s such a simple, effortless dish that comes together so easily in the slow cooker. Simply throw everything into your slow cooker and that’s it! There’s just one tedious part shredding the chicken. But other than that, it’s an easy-peasy, no fuss dish with a sweet honey flavor that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy!
Cook time: 8 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs (I used chicken breast)
- 2 andouille sausage links, quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) pumpkin beer (or whatever you have on hand or love!)
- 1/4 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked white or brown rice, for serving
- beer bread, for serving
Scatter the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the red peppers, andouille sausage, tomatoes, green chilies, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and beer. Submerge the chicken.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
30 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, add the corn starch mixture and stir to combine. Cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes more or until the sauce thickens. If the sauce gets too thick, too fast you may add water or chicken broth to thin. If the sauce is not thickening enough, leave the lid off for 30 minutes.
Serve with rice, bread and garnish with fresh parsley.
Cook time: 4 hours
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef froth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.
For a bit of a spicy kick, add a full 1-2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes!